Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Another lokum store (Istanbul, Turkey)

After buying like a kilo of Turkish delights from Ali Muhiddin Haci Bekir, we left the shop and crossed the road and to my amazement, there was a bigger and more modern (opened in the 1800's). I could not resist to enter the lokum shop.


This was not only a Turkish delights shop but also a Turkish tea and pastry room. I was very happy and had to have a tea and snack.


The different types of lokum to choose from. Even though I just bought tons of lokum from Ali Muhiddin Haci Bekir; I bought more here.


The pastry we had with our Turkish tea. This pastry was so yummy. The crust was light and fluffy but at the same time crispy. Inside was a cheese filling. The pastry was warm and went so well with the tea. I wanted to eat more but I knew I had to stop stuffing my face with such delicious snacks.


The pastry sections. I had to be strong and not order everything on offer.


A huge selection of boiled sweets (akide) that the Turks love . I do not like akide very much, they are way too sweet for me. After being a kid again in TWO Turkish candy stores. It was time to go back to the hotel and get ready to go to the airport.

No comments: